We are just about to embark on learning about Matariki. Today we shared what we know and understand about Matariki and what we’d like to know. What we know and understand might not necessarily be correct, but our research might change this. We then discussed how we could find out about Matariki. Below are our current understandings.
What do we know about Matariki?
- They play drums with their hands
- Something about stars in the sky.
- Our ancestors
- It’s a Maori public holiday
- There is usually a big festival in Porirua
- Isn’t it the Maori New Year?
What would we like to find out about Matariki?
- Are all of our current understandings right?
- What do we eat during Matariki?
- What do we dress up in?
- What does Matariki mean?
- When is Matariki?
How could we find out about Matariki?
- Read books
- Watching Youtube videos
- Using the Internet – Google etc
- Ask experts
- Watch the news
How could we present our findings?
- Google slides
- Google docs
- Make a video
- Wall display
We’ll share our learning with you as we progress.