Continuing to share the weekly activities to help improve student’s writing. Why not use them with your class, download them here.
How do I download the activities? – File>Download As>choose format.
VCOP – Vocabulary – quick activity 12
- Don’t say he “went” say ……
- Think of 10 other words.
Now put each in a sentence.
VCOP – Connectives – quick activity 12
“before” or “because”? Which is the best connective?
- I spread butter on my toast … I spread the jam.
- My fingers are all sticky …. They are covered in jam.
- The mermaid swam on to the rock …. She combed her long golden hair.
- Mermaids have to swim everywhere … they don’t have any legs.
VCOP – Openers – quick activity 12
What is the most interesting way to finish the sentence?
- Before I had a chance to ….
- As fast as I could ….
- Turning to answer …
- For the first time in my life ….
VCOP – Punctuation – quick activity 12
Full stop, question mark or exclamation mark?
Write the following sentences using the correct punctuation.
- The wizard waved his wand
- What’s going to happen next
VCOP – Expanding sentences