To further help the students in room 5 become even better at maths, the students have registered on a NZmaths e-ako maths site.
What is e-ako maths?
- e-ako maths is a resource created to support students who are having difficulty developing a sound knowledge and understanding of important maths ideas.
- e-ako maths is designed to complement and support your existing teaching programme and is not intended to be a stand alone tool for teaching these important concepts. The supporting resources linked below will help integrate e-ako maths into your class programme.
- Each student will have their own account so that they can explore the material at their own pace. Each account needs to have a unique username, but the accounts can share an email address so you could use a class email address if you wish.
- e-ako maths provides a pathway of interactive learning modules (e-ako) for students to work through. Students can choose from the available e-ako, with assessment e-ako restricting access to more difficult material.
- Each e-ako contains both teaching screens and interactive elements for students to complete. These interactive elements include matching tasks, multiple choice questions, and short answer questions.
How do I get started?
- To create a student account for e-ako maths go to e-ako.nzmaths.co.nz/ and click on the “Register” link. Accounts are free to teachers and students within New Zealand.